Posters for Sounds of the Underground Festival 2016. The posters are screenprinted in four colours (fluo green, blue, fluo red and an gold mixutre for the text).
In collaboration with Karoline Swiezynski.
SOTU festival is an alternative and experimental sound festival, and it seemed to fit like a glove to work with Magic Eye images (also known as random dot autostereogram). Basically it is a stereogram which you can see without the use of a stereoscope. To see this 3D image, all you have to do is focus your eyes behind the paper. As tough looking through a window. This requires some training!
So apart from the apparent visual pattern which we screenprinted, there is also a hidden 3D image in this poster. (Karoline managed to make this 3D image in Blender after one evening of working with the program for the first time; bravo!).
The pattern is build up from 3 different patterns; printed in RGB (red, green, blue) like a glitching tv screen.
The 3D image is visible in both print as on the computer screen. Here is a link to the digital image for you to try out.
But you can also order a real handprinted poster. We made 30 posters without text and still have some left. Just write us a mail: email@example.com
– Distortion detail in three colours
– Butchers Tears also brewed a beer named A(ah), for the festival and we made the labels in line with the posters
– There are eight different versions of the label.
– How to look at the poster to see the 3D image.
– Tim trying to train his magic eye
– First layer, Fluo Green, still wet
– Second Layer, Blue